Thursday, November 18, 2010

My response to "perks of being a wallflower" (:

I am reading “perks of being a wallflower”, I like this book so far but the part that I am at is very weird because the main character is talking about this dream he had, I’m not gonna go into detail because it’s appropriate. I think that when I read this book I will be able to keep reading because this book I actually understand and I want to keep reading.

What I get from this book so far is that this kid at the end of 8th grade he looses his best friend to suicide. He has a very hard time to get over it, he has an older brother and sister and his brother leaves for college to play football at Penn State. He misses his brother, but he says that they don’t really talk that much so he thinks it’s weird. He and sister don’t really get along. She’s a senior and she’s very mean to boys but very pretty.

He says that so far he hates high school, until he meets these two people Patrick and Sam, they are both seniors and he really likes Sam. He said one day he’s going to ask Sam out once he gets his license and his own car. I think that this is funny because he’s only 15 and he’s asking out a senior and having “weird” dreams about that girl already. The thing is he really “ asked her out” but she tells him she’s way to old for him and he just should not think about her and move on to another girl. I think that is sad but true he shouldn’t think about her because she’s a senior and the next year she’s going to be gone. So far I really like this book and can’t wait to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment